The conversion from biomass by products and waste has the potential to make sustainable contribution to the Southern African renewable industry. The Agro-industrial sectors are key role player in this. The IBERT Biogas Training Seminar at the Innovation Hub Pretoria, Gauteng has the objective to develop the tools required to making this a reality.
We invite farmers, engineers, scientists, project developers, consultants, investors and the financing sector to participate in the biogas training seminar .
The course will be facilitated by South Africa market specialists with local and international experience. The course will facilitate a workable understanding of identifying opportunities and converting them in to realistic projects.
Who is the course for?
- Biogas plant operator and staff
- Farmers planning to invest and operate a biogas plant
- Academic institutions
- Central and local government officials engaged in AD
- Banks and investment houses
Interactive classroom teaching with all experts available for comments, questions and answers. With participants active involvement and practical exercises.
Detail program and Registration Form
use our online Registration Form
The date is changed form
See the full program here
Please use for registration our Registration form below.
The 3 day training seminar focuses on the biogas market in Africa with attention to the local characteristics of substrate selection, plant engineering and biogas utilization. You will get practical knowledge about biogas plant operation, maintenance and the presented case studies will highlight the best methods of biogas production from biomass waste.
Together with local partners and experts, the course will be facilitated by experienced instructors from the internationally renowned German training institute, the IBBK.
(Programme may be subject to change)
Seminar day one:
• Status quo of the biogas sector development in South Africa.
• Outlook and potntial of the biogas sector in South Africa
• Introduction into biogas technology & digester biology
• The different technologies of biogas plants
• Main components of a biogas plant
• Experiences with biogas plant equipment in South Africa
Seminar day two:
• Pro and con of different substrates in a biogas plant
• Basic calculation models of a biogas plant process with different substrates
• Basic engineering parameters for operation with different substrates
• Start up phase and practical measures for monitoring the digestion process
• Safety aspects and standards
• Proper usage of digestate as organic fertilizer
Seminar day three:
• Study Tour to two different exemplary biogas plants in Western Cape
The Course-Package will include:
• 3 days seminar
• Seminar-CD with slides of the lectures
• Lunch and beverages
• Beverages during the courses
• Coach travel to biogas sites
• Certificate from UCT (CPD certified)